Evie and Annalise Taller

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Out of the woods, but homebound.

Here, in the Ohio Valley portion of the midwest, we are experiencing a typical late winter ice storm. This is causing us to remain home for the entire day. We couldn't even go outside to play because who wants to get pelted with freezing rain? The forcast is for 1-3 inches of snow on top of our inch of ice. Be careful driving home from the airport,dad. This picture doesn't really show the extent of the ice other than the white stuff you see on the ground is not snow, but accumulating ice. Makes me long for the days of Minnesota snow where you could just clean it up and forget it.
In other news.....

Annalise is turning into a smurf. She doesn't know what a smurf is. Maybe it's better that way.
I gave the girls this bath soap that was supposed to be like playdoh, but it wasn't very pilable. Fortunately, it was very similar to paint. And, when you let all three colors dissolve in the water, it turned the water gray! What a bonus.
Evie painting the bathtub. No, it doesn't stain the bathtub...only kids. She has also recovered from 6 days of her fever/suspected flu. I took her out to a play date today and she was so worn out that she slept for 3 hours when we got home. She is well enough to go to school tomorrow, but still weak enough to nap and give me some time to tackle some of my spring cleaning in the afternoons. Best of both worlds. By the way, please send grandma home soon, Evie needs a hair cut.

Annalise styles the bubbles in her hair. You may notice that I had to change the bath water because I didn't think a kid could get clean in gray water.

Special note to my new June Bug:

Juney--I know that it is devistating that the Farve is retiring. You can make him live forever with a nice #4 tatoo on your arm. When I come visit you, I'll take you to the place where your mom got her nose pierced. They are good people there.

And, to take your mind off the Farve, there is something that you can look forward to. On March 12, the one and only Bob Knight, The General, will be commentating on ESPN for college basketball. Talk about entertainment. Since you aren't familiar with the General (and you aren't even familar with INDIANA BASKETBALL), here's Bobby in one of his finest coaching moments.


You have a lot to learn, June bug, and I will do my best to shield you from pathetic professional Ohio football teams and teach you all about the wonders and excitement of the Big Ten.

Love, Aunt Jenni

<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home