Evie and Annalise Taller

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Doing our Part

After a busy weekend of Grandma and Grandpa Taller visiting (which we took no pictures ...again), cleaning house top to bottom and getting a nice nap, I headed outside to work on painting Annalise's bedframe that may actually get completed by the end of the month. Just as I was opening the can of paint, two little neighbor kids came walking up the drive way with a big box. Turns out they had buckeyes and remembered us drilling holes in them 2 years ago! They asked if I would drill holes again. As I stood there with my paint can, Jim poked his head out into the garage. I said, "kids, I'm busy right now, but maybe Mr. Taller will drill some holes for you." Mr. Taller obliged. Evie and Annalise came outside with their stash of buckeyes too.
Pretty soon, there were a few more kids....

And then more kids. Most of them hung around to string the buckeyes on some twine I found quickly in the garage. It took Jim a good part of an hour to drill holes. He said that his legs went numb from sitting "criss-cross applesauce"--indian style.


The finished buckeye necklaces. We needed this buckeye love last week!



In related news, Evie kept herself busy while Annalise, Mom and Dad took a nap this afternoon. She spent an hour and a half cutting pumpkins out of a brown bag, cutting eyes, noses and mouths into them and hanging them on a string. She also made these attractive pumpkin glasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home