Evie and Annalise Taller

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Basketball in my life this week.

Blog fans, you knew that I couldn't go without commenting on the business that happened in Indy this week. My FAVORITE team played the hometown favorite (and some would call America's team). It was a win-win situation, but ultimately, I was with the rest of America and would have really liked to see the Butler Bulldogs win. Duke and their mastermind of a coach proved too much for the Dawgs. Way to go, Coach K. You and I have a date for the next time Duke plays at Clemson. Please don't bring Singler,I don't want to have bad dreams.



But I read some good news about the hometown team. Old Man Stevens here signed a 12 year contract with Butler. (He's 33 and been to the Final Four!). Coach Stevens, you and I also have a date next season. I'm going to make the 8 mile drive and meet you a Hinkle Fieldhouse. Please bring your Babyfaced Assasin, Gordon Hayward, with you for next season. So way to go Bulldogs for playing for all the small schools that never made it that far. And thanks to all the Indy media who made constant reference to the movie, Hoosiers. What a way to end my season. Norman Dale, Jimmy Chitwood, Coach Stevens, Butler, Coach K and Duke. Love it. I can hardly wait for next season. But please, CBS, make your One Shining Moment worth staying up for. This year's was REALLY bad (if you don't believe me, youtube it--it was horrible.)


We went downtown a couple of days after all the action for a Pacers game. The Pacers are pretty miserable, but they still try to get the crowd into the game. Jim caught a t-shirt from a cannon!!! Wow!!!

The Pacers also employ one of my favorite former Duke players--Mike Dunleavy. I think I may have been the only Dunleavy groupie there.
And to top off my week of basketball madness, I had a sighting of Indiana's favorite son, Larry Bird. Here he is picking his nose. During time outs, he signed stuff for fans. He's great. We love Larry in Indiana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home