Evie and Annalise Taller

Monday, September 22, 2008

The fruits of our garage sale labor

About a week ago, we went in with some neighbors and had a garage sale. We all had our own specific goals. Our one common goal was to get rid of stuff. With all my profits, I planned on buying my very own bread machine and return the one I borrowed from mom. She wants to make her own bread also!Here is a beautiful loaf of bread that my new machine made this morning. I went through 3 different machines before settling on this one. I probably would have kept the first one but it made loaves like bricks, as did the second. I bought some new yeast and things seem to be looking our way. I'm excited to get back to baking homemade bread. Even the kids like the smell of bread when they come home from school.
Jim sold the 740 and today took delivery on the newest member of our fleet.

You've heard of camouflage, this is Carmel-flage. Yep, we have joined the Honda driving population. Considering how long the last car lasted, this is probably the car Evie will drive to college.

And the kids. We didn't sell their beds, they just insisted on sleeping in the clothes baskets.

Looks like a person could wake up with a stiff neck after sleeping in there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home