Evie and Annalise Taller

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Jim is 34!

Saturday was JIm's birthday. He awoke to a fancy pancake breakfast complete with custom pancakes. Well, we let him eat other pancakes too.
Annalise reserected the doggie jammers one last time. The are getting so small, you can hardly button them. Here she is doing her best pirate face.We took dad to swimming lessons. His present was that mom went into the pool and he didn't have to take the girls into the family dressing room.

Jim's company had a winter skating party down town at the Pan Am Plaza (home of the 1987 Pan Am games--it's looking a little rough 22 years later)

Everyone got out on the ice. Evie is moving so fast you can hardly see her.


A couple of times around the rink, she started to get the hang of it. She did have her share of spills and her pants were completely wet by the end of the hour that we skated.



The whole family out on the ice. People who haven't been on skates in13 years probably shouldn't be skating with a 2 year old, but more on that later.

The "rink monitor" was impressed by Annalise's skill.
Mom and Dad take a spin without the kids. We were there a whole hour before we had to pack it up and go home. Evie took a spill that resulted on a big knot on the back of her head. Annalise and I were skating "pairs". She started to get tired and her skate tangled with mine and we fell (that cost us the gold). I landed squarely on my elbow. It must of looked pretty bad because a 10 year old hockey player skated up and asked if I needed help off the ice. I managed to get us off, but my elbow was killing me. We headed home and then to the ER per Grandma Taller's advice. Fortunately, nothing was broken, just badly bruised. The ER nurse said that Old People, such as myself, should stay off the ice. That hurt more than anything.

They sent me home in a sling and an RX for some pain killers. I'm doing much better today, but if I use it too much, it starts to hurt. So after this post, I'm icing my elbow again.
Also wanted to say a quick Thanks for the Body experiments from Uncle Jeff. Both girls love it and Annalise also has fun identifing body parts.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tell Annalise that it's okay, my pajammies are hard to button up now too! :) Krista

     

Post a Comment

<< Home