Evie and Annalise Taller

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pretty Ladies Cruise

No matter where you live, winter can get long and dreary. Some of my dear friends from MN decided that it was high time we all got out of the north and found some sun at sea. Kym, me, Rebecca and Erin in Port of Miami getting ready to set sail. Here's something funny. It was cloudy most of the time, we were outside for about 45 minutes of sun and I managed to get a farmer's sunburn on one arm. It looked particulary wonderful with my strappy sundress.
We docked in Nassau, Bahamas for a day with about 8000 of our closest friends.

Pretty ladies on the beach. We received the "pretty Ladies" nickname on our first cruise together when we were shopping and people would try to get you to buy something. It actually worked once on this trip when someone called me pretty lady and I was suckered into buying a fake Coach wallet. I call it my Couch.
On the second full day, we tendered into the cruise line's private island. Here's our hotel on the ocean.



We shared the beach,which was nice,warm, sandy and clear with about 1000 people. It really didn't bother us much and provided a lot of interesting people watching.


When we got back on the ship that evening, the captain announced that we would be having a nice clear evening as we headed back to FL. And, as an unexpected extra bonus, we would be able to see the Space Shuttle launch that evening. So, all the nerds gathered up on deck to see it take off.


See that little streak? That's the space shuttle. All my life, it was something I wanted to see. And now I can cross that off the list. We could even see the solid rocket boosters blow off the sides (with a little flash in the sky). Despite the fact that we were probably 100 miles away, everyone watching applauded and cheered when it took off.
It was a great cruise and fun to catch up with all my friends. Perhaps the best part was coming home to a clean house and clean kids. What a treat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home