Evie and Annalise Taller

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Interpreting Art

Evie goes to religon on Mondays after school. I have to drive past the Kroger to drop her off and pick her up. Sometimes I stop to pick up fruit or milk. I have learned that Kroger discounts their flowers on Mondays so I always check the Manager's Specials when I'm there. This week, I picked up a boquet for $2 because I needed to see some green in my world of white, gray and brown. Evie took a picture of the flowers.
And here, she drew her interpretation of the flowers. But the real suprise was Annalise. She sat down and drew the flowers too.


This may not look like a big deal to you, but this is the first picture that Annalise has drawn that we can tell what it is. She worked really hard on it and we were so proud of her. Annalise suffers from 2nd child syndrome. When Evie was this age, she could write her name and draw pictures of people. Annalise hasn't shown much interest in those types of things (because she is too busy tending to her baby farm animals??) so we were surprised that she could put her mind to something and do it! Now I will have to start working on letters with her.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home