Evie and Annalise Taller

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mulch

I love spring, but there is one job associated with spring that I do not enjoy. That job is the loading, hauling, and spreading of the mulch. Mulch is stinky, dusty, dirty and takes up a big space in my driveway. It makes my back hurt and gets dirt in my contacts. I do not like it at all.
Fortunately for me, there were two little girls who were very happy to see the mulch truck arrive. As soon as it was dumped, they grabbed their shovels and got straight to work. There was a lot of dumping shovels of mulch on each other until they both started working on their own wheelbarrows (ps--Paige, I stole your wheelbarrow from your garage)
You guys aren't going to get a lot done standing around. Get moving.
Queens of the Mulch pile. They did a pretty good job of filling the wheelbarrows. We probably got half of it moved tonight. Tomorrow will be another filthy night. They were so dirty, we ate outside on the deck when Jim got home.
The best caption for the picture is "Dirt. Ball." You should have seen the bathtub tonight after bathtime and I know that I didn't get all the dirt out of her hair. I figure they are just going to get dirty again tomorrow and I will change their sheets on Thursday.
Goof Ball. She gets to go to the Children's Museum for a field trip tomorrow and then a play date after school. Lucky Duck.
They practiced playing catch with a ball that dad hung up from a tree limb while we finished along the back of the yard. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.... sigh....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home