Evie and Annalise Taller

Friday, November 27, 2009

The Day After.

Jim and I awoke before dawn to witness Black Friday. We drove to Walmart an hour after they opened thinking that all the crazy was gone. We were wrong, but we did scope out our purchase and determined there were plenty left if we came back later. So we went to Menards and Kohls and then back to Walmart for the present. It was pretty much empty by 7:30. We came home, made some pancakes, said good bye to grandpa and Grandma Taller and then put our stretchy pants on. Getting up early for shopping is no longer Mom's cup of tea. I needed a couple naps to catch up on my sleep. Annalise cuddled me to sleep on the couch.
When I woke up, I learned Evie was walking around with her pants unbuttoned all day! She must have eaten too much turkey!

After some naps, we went outside to finish the decorating. Since there isn't much gardening to do, I swept out the garage. On a trip back to the compost, I checked on the garden. We still are picking lettuce and today we pulled radishes!

And the grand finale--the house has been decorated. When twillight hits and the light sensors turn the decorations on, I imagine the electric company has to go to auxillary power, much like in the National Lampoons Christmas Vacation movie.


Joy to the World! Well done, Jim. You made this a Christmas to Remember. Except this is way better than an illict love affair in Tahoe over Christmas.



We beat you to it Aunt Becky!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home