Evie and Annalise Taller

Friday, November 06, 2009

Cleaning up

We have been cleaning house this fall. We sold 2 old dressers on Craigslist, put Annalise's new room together (Hmmm...need to take pictures of that), and had a small home project completed. This gave me the "clean the house" bug.Since we are down a dresser in the guest room, all the sheets and blankets needed to find a new home in the closet. So that means the closet had to get cleaned up. First to be boxed up was Jim's varisty jacket. Next year, I'm going to wear his jacket and class ring for Halloween and be his sweetheart. Aww..
While our small home improvement project was progressing, Annalise and I were stuck upstairs or in the basement. I took advantage of this time to clean bathrooms and vacuum. Annalise loves to help clean the bathrooms. Armed with her spray bottle of water and a sponge, she thoroughly wets all surfaces for me to clean. Today, I was trying to finish up and she asked to clean the big bathtub. In the interest of keeping her busy, I rolled up her pants and let her do her thing.
She got a little wet in the process.

And we saw a little crack too.


Then she just started watching for squirrels.
And now, the home improvement project! For 2 1/2 years, we have been changing lights out in the house because it was similar to moving into a cave. The only lights we haven't tackled are the bathroom lights. This week, we had 6 new recessed lights put into the kitchen ceiling. We removed the old hanging fixture over the island.


Now it is bright enough in there to do surgery! I love it. The only drawback is that is shows how dirty the kitchen cabinets are. After the patch job is completely sanded, I will get out the Murphy's oil soap and go to town. I love my early Christmas present!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home