Evie and Annalise Taller

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day!

As I said in my earlier post, Jim is stranded in Boston. He was trying to make it back before the storm hit. He changed his flight and everything was on schedule until he was actually in line to board (15 minutes before takeoff) and they canceled his flight. Since Boston is getting the snow today, he is scheduled to return home on Thursday. That left me to deal with the 6th highest snowfall on Indiana Record (12.5 inches at the airport, about 11 inches here).
I rolled the snowblower from its resting place and attempted to start it. It didn't do anything, but then I realized it needed gas. I tried a few more times and it was sounding like it wasn't turning over. I was really wishing we were back in MN where my neighbors would have come to the resuce with their blowers. And back inMN, SOMEBODY would have tuned the snowblower up before Thanksgiving, JIM.
Anyway, I was at the end of my rope after shoveling about 5 feet of the drive way. Our neighbor, an engineer, was shoveling. I figured that he may be able to help. He came over and asked me how to start it and wouldn't you know it, it started right up. I guess I just needed a Y chromosome to be present. I got the driveway cleared (the girls were at the neighbor's house playing) and I cleared the sidewalks. I'm glad the snowblower started, but now, I need some Advil for my aching back. I haven't run it in about 5 years and forgot how heavy it is.Here's our lovely house blanketed with fresh snow. Evie and I just finished "the Long Winter" of the little house on the prairie series. Now she has an idea what a blizzard is like--even if it wasn't windy here.
Here's a shot to show the snow depth. Towards the end of the drive, we probably had 16 inches to go through. It was slow going.

Here's the backyard, all fresh and pristine. It will probably stay that way for a while because the snow is too deep for Annalise to walk through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home