Evie and Annalise Taller

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Soccer!!

Evie participated in her first organized soccer "game" this weekend. On Friday, she had an initial practice and they got their uniforms. You can only imagine how excited I was that she got the BLACK and GOLD jersey. Must be her Fairview Apache and Centerville Elk lineage shining through. Her first game was at 8 am on Saturday morning. For a mom working all alone at an early morning deadline, I congratulated myself that we were only 5 minutes late considering I was hauling two lawn chairs, a cooler, two cameras, and a Shlee-shlaw across to the field. Evie started warming up with her teammates.
I think warm ups are her favorite because each kid gets a ball and there is no competition. Here she is with her team and coach. We have a great coach who is very encouraging to the children.

Here she is going in for a goal. I hear that she scored at least one. I didn't see it because I was busy visiting the restroom with Annalise. The other parents told me that she was awesome--of course. If she has any athletic skill, it certainly didn't come from her mom.
Evie's number is 5. Here she is flying across the field. These kids are all 5 year olds. They play on a field the size of a basketball court. And so everyone gets a chance to kick and play, the teams play 3 on 3. At the end, the teams slap hands under the parent tunnel. There is still so much I have to learn about soccer parent social etiquette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home