Evie and Annalise Taller

Sunday, October 18, 2009

OSU v. Purdue. Worst. Game. Ever.

We got all dressed up nice and warm on Saturday morning and headed up to West Lafayette to see the Buckeyes take on the Boilers. It was SUPPOSED to be a blow out.... Anyway, we are getting into a groove when we get to town. After we park the car, we normally head over to the Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering because they have very nice, clean bathrooms. Jim and Neil contimplate the cosmos.
We try to walk to different parts of campus each game. One game we went to the XXX steakhouse for breakfast. Another game, we visited the horticulture display gardens. Homecoming, we visited the fraternity house (and then washed our hands very thoroughly). This weekend, we went up to the band shell to watch the pregame band show and look who we ran into! Purdue Pete! Since I was all dressed up in my Ohio State garb, only Jim got his picture taken.


I got my picture taken with the team truck!

And here I am in the stands with lots of fellow Buckeyes! Early in the game, when things weren't too bad, the Buckeye Nation was much louder than the home team. Unfortunately, things changed as the game went on.


I have to say, I'm a lot disappointed in the man on the 40 yard line. Jim Tressel, if you are reading this--and I know you are, what the heck happened? We lost to the WORST team in the Big Ten?????? Seriously. I hope you make some major adjustments to your game plan before the Michigan game. Guess you don't have to worry about Pete Carroll and his fantastic California hair in January.
Normally I don' t make it a point to root for USC because they smear the Buckeyes every time they play them (did you know that the last time the Buckeyes beat USC was before I was born???? I am old!! That was a long time ago!), but I am happy that USC beat Notre Dame because there is something about Charlie Weis that I just don't like. Perhaps it is that he consistantly has the best recruiting class and the Irish are not that great year after year and all the ND fans make excuses for keeping him around for another season. It's that or it's because he is shaped like an egg.
Anyway, back to the game of the day....the Buckeyes blew it. The Purdue fans went wild.


And the student section stormed the field. As this was happening, I said to Jim, "Aren't they going to Mace the students?" Jim said, " This isn't Notre Dame" (I was Maced when ND played and won over Florida State in 1993--it was a 1 v. 2 matchup under a winning and also very classy coach. You may have heard of him--Lou Holtz??) Anyway, no one was Maced. The celebration went on for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if there were couches burned somewhere in town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home