Evie and Annalise Taller

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween Excitement Builds...

We are getting ready for Halloween around here. The girls are all excited about trick or treating this weekend. I broke down and bought the candy today. Did you know that they make Mint Three Musketeers? They are truly my new favorite candy. I think I may have to get another bag for the weekend because about half of the bag may have been eaten already. There's no HFCS in those, right? Guess I will have to boil up another pot of lentils to cancel that out. Annalise visited the pumpkin patch at school today. She had fun decorating it with stickers. Soon, it will be pie. Don't you love her pigtails? This is the first time in a long time that she has let me put them in. I hope she wears them more because she looks so adorable. She will be a butterfly for Halloween. Yesterday she said to me that she doesn't want to be a butterfly anymore, and now she wants to be a "flower girl". Didn't anyone tell her that she can't change her mind the week before Halloween?
I also completed Evie's Halloween costume today. She is Daisy Head Mayzie from the Dr. Suess book (see below). This wasn't my finest hour of sewing. Please don't let my former 4-H advisor see those hems! But for the purpose of trick or treating (and let's face it, Evie tripping and getting grass stains on it, it's good enough).

And the book cover for reference. There's a little girl out in St. Louis that will inherit this costume some day (if it holds up)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Adli Jacobs said…

    This is the cutiest custume EVER! And every Mazie's out there can only hope to be half as cute as Evie! Happy Halloween

     

Post a Comment

<< Home