Evie and Annalise Taller

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Soccer and Splashing

Annalise is participating in her first soccer season through the Parks and Rec district. We have met for the last two weeks at an indoor soccer place because of rain. This was her first outdoor "practice" and it was pretty nice outside for a change.
At this age, everyone gets their own ball, and even then, some of the kids lose interest.
Annalise has 2 coaches, some girl and then a young man with a thick accent named Carlos. He's pretty good at soccer.
The name of the game in 3 year old soccer is run til you drop.
The park where Annalise plays also has a sprinkler park. We didn't go to this park at all last summer so they were excited to run around. The air was comfortable and the water was COLD!
Somehow, I managed to talk them both into wearing tankinis. This almost never happens, but when it does, it is way easier to get in and out of a wet suit when someone has to go to the bathroom.
Evie may be outgrowing the water park a little, but I think she still had fun.
Not sure what prompted this funny picture.
Annalise spent a lot of time following Evie around. that's ok with me because Evie is a rule follower and I can pretty much trust her. It was the first time I was able to sit on the sidelines and just watch them play. it's only taken me 6 years to get here.
then they decided to pick wildflowers in the park. they were pretty and all in bloom and it touched my heart how much they enjoyed picking clover.
Their bouquets. Evie is so busy so far this summer break. She is at swim team every morning and has swam in 3 meets. She also is doing art lessons once a week. the biggest chunk of her time is devoted to reading. She is reading beginner chapter books and could read 4 or 5 a day if I let her. Her summer reading record for the library is almost complete, but I don't think she will stop reading when she is done. I love that she reads, but I have been trying to broaden her horizons from the Rainbow Fairies series. Last week, we brought home a book of poems by Shel Silverstien. She really liked those.
Annalise gets dragged everywhere for Evie's stuff. She enjoys soccer and following Evie around. she is also into "reading". I have to say that I feel guilty that I don't sit down and read to her as much as I did with Evie at this age. she just isn't that interested. She would rather be playing with her tiny plastic animals or playing in the "polly village" that she inherited from her big cousin, Marin. Annalise is making friends of her own at swim team practices. Other little sisters who are too young to swim. they all run around with their pink striped towels and play Barbies. it's cute.
Our two girls are growing up fast.
But one tends to still be a monster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home