Evie and Annalise Taller

Monday, May 31, 2010

Strawberry Picking

On Friday, the girls and I made our annual pilgrimage to the strawberry farm. It's pretty good, I've only had poison ivy once. So I suited up in pants and wore gloves for picking. I figured that the girls would be ok since they weren't interested in getting strawberries in through the weeds.
We arrived early, but so did a bunch of other people. This was the 4th year we have picked at this farm and it was the most crowded that we have ever seen it.
Annalise had big plans to pick a bucketful. I think she may have eaten a bucket full.
Evie was initally very serious about her picking. She also wanted to take the green off all the berries. I told her it was ok to leave it on.
Again, Annalise doesn't let the cast slow her down and picked a bunch.
Andrew and his mom and sister came. Check out that outfit. we think he was wearing all colors of the rainbow except for purple. I especially like his socks.
Eventually, the kids got bored near us and took off down the row to see who could find the biggest strawberry. Who do you think won?
Our harvest turned into pie and lots of fresh eating for everyone. I think we may go back again to get our batch for jam. We also are close to having cherry harvest, so strawberries may get skipped this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home